Sunday, March 05, 2006

I'm Not Lazy, I'm Tired

Sorry folks, this might be a short blog because I'm running out of gas. This is me when Mom was trying to feed me some Cheetos. I'm not faking it, I'm really asleep.

Mom says that I get this from Dad. Mom says that Dad is a really good sleeper, and it wouldn't surprise her if he would use a ham sandwich for a pillow - given the opportunity.

Notice the size of this Cheeto. That is quite a bit for me to gobble up. Usually, I eat about half of it before I throw it over the side of my chair.

I like to spin my horse that's stuck to the tray. Mom has to re-sitck it once in a while, but once it's there, hours of entertainment.

Here I am holding my orange ball. In the picture it looks like I have one small hand and one huge hand. That's actually Dad's hand on the bottom and my hand on the top. Or is the other way around? Nope, nope, mine's definitely on the top. Dad says this picture reminds him of the "Man Hands" episode from Seinfeld whoever that is.

I am learning how to take turns playing. Mom would roll the ball a little and then pass it to me. I would roll it a little and then wait for her to take another turn.

What you can't see is the amount of drool on the other side of this ball. I tried for a good 20 minutes to fit the whole thing in my mouth. Since I couldn't do that, I figured I would try and dissolve it. No luck with that either.

As you can see, I have a little way to go. Dad says that some day he will teach me how to play kick ball - but only outside. I really like the color orange. Maybe it's from my Circleville roots and the Pumpkin Show. Wherever it came from, I just love to look at orange things (and eat them). Dad has an orange shirt. I like to look at it and tug on his sleeves.

I obviously like my ball. I don't really care for squash though. Mom and Dad are always trying to spoon that stuff in and I am constantly trying to spit it out. Sweet potatoes taste good. Pears taste good. Squash, yuck.

Mom spent a lot of time trying to get me to eat squash this weekend. Between cleaning it off of my face, my hands, my bib, and the floor I think I won. Dad was there to, but he was doing the taxes. I think that he would have rather eaten squash than file the taxes.

Lately, I have been doing a lot of scooting. I can roll over from my back to my front and sometimes from my front to my back. But when I can't, I get up on all fours and rock back and forth. I can scoot backward, but not forward.

In this picture you can see my friend Eeyore. Eeyore talks to me. I think it is really funny when he says "A big hug would be nice." Mom and Dad say the same thing. Lucky for them, I have an endless supply of hugs for them that I share everyday.

No comments: