Saturday, July 22, 2006

Picture Perfect Day

Today was a big day for me. I went to the park for the very first time! This is me and Mom standing under the entrance to the park near my house. Mom brought my pink hat for the sun, and I am wearing my favorite pair of shorts. They are terry cloth - very retro.

The park has lots of fun things to do. It is built like a castle, a Viking ship, and a locomotive . There are lots of fun tunnels, slides, and games to play there. Best of all there are lots of kids my age!

I am still a little too small to try out most of the neat stuff there, so I mainly went to the park to swing. I really like to swing. Mom and Dad push me higher and higher each time. Mom even brought a "wet-wipe" to wipe off the part of the swing that I was most likely to chew on! Isn't she something? What's that Dad? Just keep typing.

Anyway, Mom and Dad took lots of pictures of me swinging at the park. The first couple were really blurry. But they finally figured out the right setting for the camera and the rest of them came out really nice. Here are some pictures of me swinging!



Here is another picture of me at the park. I think that Grandpa's love of the railroad rubbed off on me already. I have a train whistle at home that I can't get enough of although I think Mom and Dad can both get enough of it. At the park, I found this neat train so I could be an engineer.


Did you know Grandpa was a fireman on the railroad and worked with his Dad?

I even convinced Mom to go down the slide with me. She was a little frightened at first. I told her if she got really scared to suck on her thumb and everything would be fine.


See what I mean.

By the way, I am getting even more teeth! I have two teeth on top and two teeth on the bottom. Watch out, I'm catching up to you guys fast. I was feeling a little under the weather this week. Mom and Dad took me to the doctor but I am lots better now.

Here are some pictures of my first bicycle ride! Grandpa pulled my cousin Megan and me around the driveway in a Burley bicycle trailer. It was lots of fun.



Faster Grandpa, pedal faster!

For all those safety conscious individuals out there....Grandma and Grandpa had a Dora the Explorer helmet for me. However, I immediately took it off. Don't worry, Grandpa kept the speed slow and the bike path was the driveway. I don't think that I will be following Grandpa around for GOBA anytime soon. Dad would like to add that my new found love of two wheeled transportation will not translate into dating boys with motorcycles.

During the same week I got my first bike ride, I visited Dad's parents too. Aunt Maresa and cousin Liam were there. Grandma served cheese puffs on a silver platter. Not only are cheese puffs delicious, but.................

they are fun to throw too!

Liam and I got along famously. He was very patient when I whacked him a couple of times. I haven't quite gotten down using fine motor skills when I get excited.

Check it out, Liam has a nose just like me. Hey buddy, let me get that for you.

As I mentioned last week, I have an overnight sleep study at the end of this week. I have to spend the night in the Sleep Lab at Riley Children's Hospital. This test is especially important. I have to be a good sleeper so I will be ready to have my palate closed. If I complete it successfully, the surgery to close my palate may be scheduled during the next appointment with the plastic surgeon. Sleep studies aren't a whole lot of fun. I get wrapped in electrodes, tape, and gauze. Then I have to lay very still so I won't disturb the instruments. Making a baby uncomfortable by taping her head like a mummy and then restricting her movement is not what I would call a recipe for a good night of sleep. So, please, everyone keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

I thought you might appreciate seeing what all of your kind thoughts have done for me over the past 11 months. So here are two pictures to compare.

Then


Now

That's it for now. One last picture and I will see you all next week.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Macy,
I am so glad you are feeling better and that you got to go to that super park. Your blog is fantastic! Grandpa REALLY liked the Burley pictures. We are praying for an excellent sleep study.
Hugs, kisses, and love,
Grandma R.