Sunday, June 17, 2007

Glad to be Dad

This weekend was Father's Day. When you look at the beautiful little girl in this picture it isn't very difficult to see how true the title of this week's blog is. Macy has this wonderful habit of reaching for Mom and saying "Hug? Hug? Hug?" And after Mom gives her a big hug she turns to me and says "Hug? Hug? Hug?" Of all the interesting places I've been, people I've met, and experiences I've had nothing will ever compare to my daughter needing a hug from me. Even though I know she won't be little forever, I hope she knows there will always be a hug from Mom and Dad.

Macy is at the point in her life where she has started to mimic everything Mom and Dad do and say. This Father's Day reminds me to work especially hard to be a good example for her.

Jill and I have a lot to teach her together. This summer we will watch the planes take off from the local airport, maybe learn how to hold hands when we walk around the neighborhood, and pet the goats at the county fair. Watching Macy learn new things and explore her world makes each day a mini-Father's Day.

Speaking of learning new things, today we played at the sand table on our deck. Macy learned that she cant' quite reach her mouth down to the water in the table to take a drink. Thank goodness! She did manage to put her nose under water without being scared. And we learned that sand is crunchy and it tastes bad. We also learned it is much easier to wipe our wet sand- covered hands off on our shirt, shorts, and hair than it is to wash them off. Yea for Macy!


See you guys next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Macy, you look so cute in the pictures. We hope you've decided not to eat any more sand.
Ryan, Happy Father's Day! What a wonderful message! And it looks like Macy will keep her mommy and daddy quite busy in the years to come.
Love, Grandma R.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, Ryan and Macy,

Ryan and I LOVE your mother's day tribute.

Ryan is making me play it OVER and OVER!!

I'll call soon. Macy is adorable as usual and we're glad she's feeling better.

Susan