Sunday, April 13, 2008

Life Imitating Art

Hi there! Just hanging around the house this week.



This is not the best picture I've ever taken, but consider me and my monkey shirt in the context of the title and you'll see why Mom and Dad think it's funny.


I have had a lot of fun this week. My favorite thing to do is to climb up on a chair and turn the lights on and off. Sometimes I get them going so fast it looks like a strobe light from the outside. Dance party at my house - especially if you like Oh Susanna!


Here I am with Daisy. She lets me pet her.



Daisy and I have more in common than you think. We were both the baby of the family. Now I'm a toddler and Daisy is the family dog. Love you Daisy.


Mom went shopping at Wal-mart and she couldn't resist buying me a new hat. What do you think?



Mom said that Dad used to wear a hat just like mine. I asked her if he wore magenta pants like mine. She said no and that when Dad wore his hat he didn't smell nearly as good as I do.



That's pretty bad considering I still wear a diaper.


I forgot to share all of my stories from the park last week. Here is a picture of the playground equipment.



Like I mentioned, I climbed up the arching ladder beside the slide - all by myself. After I played on the slide for a while, Dad took me to the swings. Always one to take advantage of every opportunity to work on eating, Dad started to ask me what was my favorite food.


Dad asked, "Is your favorite food applesauce?" And I thought about that. Then Dad asked, "Is your favorite food peaches?" And I thought about that. Then Dad asked, "Is your favorite food apricots?" And I thought about that. Then Dad asked, "Macy, what's your favorite food?" And I thought about that.

Then I yelled "Squirrel!".


I think I have Dad's sense of humor. When Dad told Mom what I said she just rolled her eyes and said she didn't think Gerber offered squirrel.


Before we left the park Dad and I sat on this bench for a couple of minutes. We really didn't say anything. I watched the other kids play. After a while I looked up at Dad and said, "I love you Dad."



I love you too, Macy.

No comments: