Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day....I Love You Mom

Like I said, I'm back with lots of pictures and adventures to share. Watch out 'cause here I come!



So what have I been up to lately? Well, now that it's nice outside, I've been going to the park. Here I am climbing the rope ladder.



Some of the big kids can't even do this.


This is my friend Lorelai. We go to school together. She is really nice. I like her hat.



One afternoon, we met in the park and had a lot of fun.



We even went down the slide together.....head-first!


Later on that week Mom, Grandma, and I all went to see Sesame Street Live! Here I am right before the show started.



I was really excited. Speaking of being excited look who I met after the show!



Hi Elmo!


Now that I am really buzzing around the house, Mom and Dad decided it was time for me to get my first car.



Mom and Dad really love my new shorts.



They are pink plaid. Dad says that I might be a federal agent someday because he and all of his buddies all wear plaid shirts when dressing casually. I asked him about pink shorts and he had no comment.


I'm all ready to go to church. My shoes are shiny and white. Despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to scuff them up crawling around church.



For those of you who haven't come to visit, the door knob that I'm trying to turn is attached to our bathroom door. Lately I am working on how to use the bathroom instead of my oh-so convenient diaper.



I actually went to the bathroom in my little potty this past week. Mom and Dad clapped and clapped. When I was all done I said "Bye-bye pee-pee, see you next Thursday!" Mom and Dad are still trying to figure that one out. I don't know what I meant either, I just like to keep them on their toes.


After awhile I started to get a little stir crazy at home.



I decided to give myself a light dusting of wet sand. After that I jumped on Dad's back and started yelling......


"Take me to the Chicago Children's Museum!"



"Take me to the Chicago Children's Museum!"


Mom and Dad gave in and we all went to the Children's Museum together. We had lots of fun. There were so many neat exhibits that I could play and interact with there. Here I am in the safety exhibit.



Dad would like to point out that I spent the most time here which makes him very proud considering is obsession with safety.



Look Mom no hands!



I didn't quite get this exhibit. There was this hole you had to stick your head through....what does that have to do with safety?


After that we headed upstairs for a game of chess .....



and some dominoes.



There was a bowling alley with nerf bowling balls. I've been practicing soccer so much that all I wanted to do was kick the bowling balls down the lane. Dad tried to explain that it wasn't exactly proper bowling alley etiquette, so we moved on to the next exhibit.


Ahhhh, my favorite... a water exhibit. Grandma says that when Mom was little she really liked to play in the water just like me.



In this exhibit you could use the little green nets to scoop up the fish. There were lots of fish to choose from but they all kinda layed on the bottom of the stream and didn't move much.


After that I went to another exhibit to look for some dinosaur bones.


I don't see any.



Hey everybody look! I found one.



I love you dinosaur.



After I found some dinosaur bones, we headed over to another water exhibit! I played and played and played.


I got a little wet, despite the cute red raincoat they let me use.


They had lot of water squirting and shooting out of everywhere.


After a long day at the museum it was time to go.



By the way, Dad says you're probably safer with me driving the CTA bus than most of the bus drivers he sees in Chicago.


On the way out of the museum, because I was soooooo good, Mom and Dad let me ride on the Navy Pier train.



I love trains. Dad says that Grandpa does too.




I even met a friend.



We hit it off pretty quickly. Dad's hair got grayer thinking what things will be like 14 years from now.


Dad took this picture of Mom and me behind a screen with butterflies. I think this picture tells you everything you need to know about what kind of mom mine is.



While I was at Navy Pier, I ate an entire yogurt parfait from McDonald's. It was easy to walk right by and not even notice us in all of the other kids and families eating lunch. I was just another little one enjoying her day at Navy Pier, eating some lunch with Mom and Dad. To know how much Mom gives of herself to me each and every day is to know how much a mother can love her child. In good times and bad, I know you will always be there for me. I love you Mom. Happy Mother's Day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Macy!
Wow! Your blog was certainly worth the wait. I'm glad you had so much fun on your first trip to Chicago. What a great outing for the three of you!
The screen scene does say it all. Your mom is the best! She is a very caring, loving mother. Happy Mother's Day, Jill!
Love, Grandma R.

Kathy said...

Hi Macy! Your trip to Chicago looked like so much fun it made me want to be a kid again. I was so excited when I clicked on your link and there was a new blog and then what a treat to have so much to share with us! You are certainly growing up. Good luck with the potty thing! I know Mom and Dad wish you luck. Have a wonderful week with Grandma and Grandpa R! Happy Mother's Day, Jill. Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

A whole yogurt parfait???
That is AWESOME. Way to go Macy and happy mother's day Jill.

Love,
Susan (and Ryan and Allyson)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Susan's post! A whole parfait? It sounds like things are just going better and better. Still hope to get a chance to see you all even if it is not in Maryland.
Love,
SR, Mark, Dan and Fi