Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stuck Inside and Feeling a Little Nutty

This is a coconut. It was a dreary winter day so while Dad was at the grocery store he decided to pick up a few things that reminded us of sunshine. He gave Mom some flowers and I got a coconut.



Obviously, I got the better end of that deal. Dad told me that Grandma smacked open a coconut on the driveway when he was a kid. So that's exactly what we were going to do.



Apparently, these days coconut shells are cut halfway through before they even get to the grocery store. After one or two whacks with the hammer, Mom and Dad had it open.



I took a little taste of what was inside. This week I ate kiwi fruit! There was some pretty serious negotiation between Mom, Dad, and me - but in the end I actually liked it.



My gymnastics instructor told Mom that I do really cute cartwheels. So stay on your toes everyone - like this - because there will be more adventures next week!

No comments: