Sunday, November 21, 2010

Birds and Birthday Parties

Hi there everybody!  I am really excited to tell you all about my trip to the National Aviary.


I took Tweedle the robin.  She's one of my favorite stuffed animal friends.  Here we are saying hello to the penguins.  They had all sorts of neat birds there.  Best of all, they would fly right up to you sometimes. 


I saw owls, sea eagles, a vulture, a hornbill, a whole bunch of lorekeets, and quite a few more types of birds.  They had a grassland, wetland, tropical rain forest, and desert exhibit.  I had a great day with Mom and Dad.

 
In other news, I have been coloring and working on art projects lately. 


This week was "H" word week at school.  I wrote 103 different "H" words with Mom.  I like doing things together. 

Dad had to spend the week in Washington, D.C. but when he came home we went grocery shopping together to make Mom a special dinner.



I chose Brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes.  A lady at the grocery store said I might be the only kid who wants to eat Brussels sprouts.  Dad and I picked out fresh Brussels sprouts and a sweet potato that was misplaced in the broccoli section.   



I love Brussels sprouts!  After dinner we had the dessert that Dad and I made....



...raspberry shortcake!  I helped Dad mix the dough and bake the shortcakes.

Last weekend, I went to my friend Elliott's birthday party.  It was awesome!



Elliott had a dinosaur birthday party.  Everyone had a great time.



That's it for this week.  More stories and pictures next week!  Have a happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi Macy,
You sure get to do lots of fun things. The aviary sounds like a great place to visit. I really like brussel sprouts too! Maybe we better not tell too many people how good they are or we won't find any in the store for us.
You and dad must be good cooks because the dinner you made looks so yummy!
Have a great Thanksgiving - tell mom and dad to have a great day too.
Love,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Macy: I'm glad to see you doing so well. Eating brussel sprouts is pretty impressive! I hope you enjoy a great Thanksgiving meal!!!
Miss Cindy
P.S. I loved the Barbie/pumpkin parade float. The Barbies in my house do amazing things, too.!

Anonymous said...

Hi Macy,
You have been a busy girl! I am so proud that you are trying so many new foods. I like brussel sprouts, too. And your great-aunt Ruth really loved brussel sprouts!
Happy Thanksgiving! Gobble-Gobble!
Love,
Grandma R.