Sunday, August 28, 2011

Leo and the Amusement Park

Meet the newest member of the family!


Leo the Betta fish. 
We returned Gingerbread to the creek after a long and full life for a Betta fish.



Leo seems to have made himself right at home.

In other news I went to story hour with my elementary school principal.  He was a very good reader.  He read Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus

I also got stung by a bee at the pool which really hurt.  I was brave and Mom made me feel lots better too.  I told Dad that I went to the place at the pool where they do surgery.  Mom and Dad had a good laugh and explained that it was just the lifeguard's first aid station. 

This weekend I went to Kennywood Amusement Park!



I knew it was going to be a fun place when the first thing we saw were giant roses.

There were lots of rides to enjoy.  Here I am with Mom driving a race car!



Then it was Dad's turn.


 I had a great time zooming around the track.




Here I am with Mom.  It was fun riding the rides together.


When I got tired Dad put me on his shoulders.
It was a great day.  My favorite ride was the Kangaroo!  We rode it twice and laughed the entire time.


Summer will be over soon and it will be time to start school.  Tonight I cooked my first hot dog on a campfire and plan on sleeping in our tent in the backyard! 
See you guys next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Macy!
Leo looks like a very handsome, friendly, and alert fish! What a cutie! It looks like you had a great time at Kennywood. You are a busy girl. A campfire hotdog and a night sleeping in the tent sounds like a great adventure.
I am sorry that bee stung you, but
I know you are a brave girl.
You will be a fabulous Kindergarten student!
Lots of love, Grandma R.

Anonymous said...

Hi Macy,
I can't wait to hear about the backyard camping experience.
Leo looks like a very handsome fish. I'm sure he will be very happy at your house.
Have lots of fun at school this year. I can't believe how big you are getting.
Love,
Kathy