Sunday, February 19, 2006

Who Want's Some Sweet Potatoes?

Hi everybody! I'm 6 months old. You can't tell from this picture, but I have really grown. I'm 25 1/4 inches long and I weight 16.4 pounds. I'm growing by leaps and bounds. Mom and Dad picked out this dress for me.

It has hearts on it and it is pink. Since it's a sleeveless number, I have to wear a long sleeve shirt underneath. If my shirt looks wet, it's probably because I am drooling. Some people rub their hands together or have to use the bathroom when they get excited. I drool.

As you can see, Mom took the picture so that it looks like I am skipping through flowers. Isn't that just the sweetest, most girly thing you can think of?

This is the picture that Dad thinks represents me best. This picutre looks like I am jumping over the flowers or maybe, I am descending from getting shot out of a cannon over the flowers. Or maybe, I am competing in the Baby X-Games. I think Dad has other ideas about me throwing a tea party with my dolls.

I would like to point out that I am grabbing both of my feet. Also notice how I am keeping my gaze straight forward as I clear the flowers. And, look at the height! I am clearing them by a mile. I wonder if I will get extra points for style like the Olympic snowboarders or free-style skiers?

[By the way, for all of the adults reading this blog, no babies were shot from a cannon or performed any "free-style" tricks during this photo shoot. This picture was taken when Macy was lying, safely, on a blanket - Jill & Ryan]

In addition to my six month birthday, I have been busy rolling over, and over, and over, and over. I have also been talking a little bit. Mostly, I say rah, rah, rah, rah. But, I also giggle at least once a day. I am working on my volume. When Mom and Dad took me down to Riley Children's Hospital, I was the loudest kid there. I was really happy and wanted to share my good mood with everyone there.

So who wants some sweet potatoes? I definitely enjoy them. I managed to eat everything Mom spooned my way.

I had a really good time eating my sweet potatoes. I did manage to wear quite a bit on my face. Mom and Dad are really quick so I wasn't able to wipe my face with my hands and then wipe my hands on my outfit. Darn! There's always next time.

I like to hang out in my high chair. Dad usually rolls me around the kitchen. It is really comfortable. I even fell asleep in it. Mom and Dad are working on cereal with me. Dad tried a little bit of it and he cried too.

I am heading back to Riley Children's this Friday to get a "Mickey" button instead of my peg-tube. Since I'm getting a little more grabby every day this will be a big help for Mom and Dad. I am also going to see the plastic surgeon just to check on my progress.

Well, I'm tired. So, why don't we all take a little nap until next blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Macy,
You look so pretty in your little heart jumper, of course you are beautiful no matter what you are wearing. And I know you have won Olympic Gold for style and sweetness. I am glad you like your sweet potatoes. Your Uncle Ned liked them a lot when he was your age.
I hope all goes well at Riley and that you get the new button and it works out well. We love you!
-Grandma R.