Sunday, May 14, 2006

I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night, Party Every Day!

Gene Simmons, eat your heart out! Here I am jamming to Old MacDonald. In Dad's case, I would be dancing to old McDonald's as in Ronald McDonald! EIEIO. Care to super-size it?

Well......it has been a busy week for me. Daisy and I chase each other all over the house. Mom usually finishes third. Daisy licks my face and I lick whatever I can put in my mouth these days. I am about ready to chomp down on Mom's wicker basket.

I am quite the conversationalist. I don't think Mom and Dad are listening. Mostly they nod their heads and say la, la, la or rah, rah, rah. Now how am I supposed to learn anything from these two?
Dad went on a trip for work this week. He told me all about his visit. Most of it was computer nerd stuff that I'm not sure he even understands. He did tell me that he got to hang out with Mom's cousin Brian. Dad was only gone for two nights, but by the time he got back I wasn't quite sure who he was, Dad is that you? Like a good girl, I cried and reached for Mom. After a little while, I figured out that Dad was back. Dad bought me two shirts with West Point on them and a pair of pants with the letter "A" for Army.

This is me in the dress that Dad bought for me. Mom is holding me up. You can't see them, but my dress came with horizontal striped pants. They make my butt look huuuuge as the Donald would say. Note to Dad, horizontal stripes are always a mistake especially on the back-side.

My dress has a big yellow duck on it. I like wearing it, but it is hard to crawl around in. My knees get floor burn from the living room Pergo or as Dad says faux wood floor. It's the same thing, he just likes to say faux. Whatever.

Dad found two new things on the Internet. Google video and concert recordings on archive.org. You may see a little Google video later in the blog.

I am really starting to explore the entire house. One of my favorite things to look at is the heating/air conditioning vent. It is soooo fascinating. I have no idea what it does, but I would love to play with it. I also really like playing with the sliding glass door blinds. They are very fun to grab and chew.

This is me playing with Mom and Dad's high-tech security system. It is a broom handle that Dad sawed in half. Nope, nobody will ever figure out how to break into a sliding glass door as long as we have this thing.

I am beginning to practice my Kendo with this stick. Mom is encouraging me to really get good at swinging it around. She loves watching America's Funniest Home Videos. Every night, some poor Dad gets hit in the crotch by his kid and then the family wins $10,000. Mom says that she wants to win the money for my college, but deep down I think she would just like to see Dad get hit in the crotch for a good laugh.

You can see Daisy's dish in the picture. Lately, I have been using that as my indoor wading pool. Daisy isn't too thrilled, but so far she hasn't said anything. This summer, Mom and Dad promised a real wading pool. But until then, Daisy's dish and maybe the toilet (just kidding) will do.

Did you guys know that Mom and Dad started dating after a high school dance their senior year? Being that Dad is not the picture of uber-cool, I wonder if it looked like this when they met?




If so, I wonder if it was really dark with lots of strobe lights and Mom got confused? No one is that desperate. Until next week, keep dancing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Macy,
You look adorable in the blue dress that your daddy bought for you. From the pictures and slideshow we can see you are really getting around the house now.
Rah, rah, say HI to Mom, Dad, and Daisy for us.
Love,
Grandma R.