Sunday, May 27, 2007

Another Trip to Riley Children's Hospital.........

Hi everybody. Sorry that I missed a week. It has been a very long two weeks for me, Mom, and Dad. What started out as the rota virus quickly turned in to a three day stay in the hospital. Unfortunately that wasn't all. A complication associated with the virus is an intesuseption of the large intestine which I developed.

The non-invasive treatment option was an enema. After two barium enemas and one combination dye / air enema, I found myself left with the invasive option. Even though this wasn't an elective procedure for me if you are considering an elective medical procedure my recommendation is stick with rhinoplasty or laser hair removal. Barium enemas are not a barrel of monkeys if you know what I mean.

When surgery became the only option, Mom and I rode in an ambulance to Riley Children's Hospital together. Sorry Liam, no lights and sirens. Early Sunday morning I had abdominal surgery to remedy the intesuseption. I also had my appendix removed. Who needs that anyway? I hope to go home later this week. Mom and Dad promise to write more but right now they are really tired and so am I. Thanks for thinking of me and I will see you guys next week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better Cousin Macy, we need to meet someday at the playland at Polaris.

Maezhen

The Mommy said...

We'll keep Ms. Macy in our prayers.
Love,
DanielBear

emeade said...

We hope you feel better soon Macy.

Love,
Cooper & Floyd

Anonymous said...

Macy - Feel better. Ryan and Ally hope to meet you someday!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Macy,
We are glad your surgery is over and that you are on the mend. We hope that nasty virus goes away soon.
You are quite the trooper. We are so proud of you and love you very much.
Hugs and kisses!
Grandma R.