Hi everybody! I am back - finally. Guess what. I am two years old! I had soooo much fun on my birthday that I wore Mom and Dad out for at least the next couple of weeks. We celebrated at home a little bit first. Mom and Dad gave me some balloons.

And then I had a cupcake.

Boy that candle is bright! Then after we had some cake we all went downstairs and opened my birthday present. I got a kitchen for my birthday!

I love playing with it. It has a pan that pretend boils on the stove burner and everything. I especially like washing my hands even though I haven't convinced Mom to fill the sink with real water - yet (or in Mom's opinion - ever).
The fun didn't stop there though. Here I am celebrating my birthday. Who's hungry for Bakery Pizza? How about we take the door off to my room and sled down Jeff Hill?
We all had fun playing with my new pots and pans and plastic food. Here is a picture of Dad and me sharing a laugh together.

Later in the week, Dad finished working the midnight shift and we all jumped into the car that morning and headed for Ohio. Mom and I took turns driving while Dad slept in the back seat.
After we all made it to Ohio we visited Dad's parents and Mom's parents. Everyone had a good time. My cousin Megan was there too! She tasted the cake and made sure it was okay for everyone to have a piece.

I was ready to dig in too!

I wore almost all of it. That's okay it still counts as having birthday cake.
Megan and I had a good time together.

We went home the next day. On the way home we stopped by to visit Uncle Casey and Aunt Maresa. Aunt Maresa gave birth to Grayson Wallace that Saturday. He was doing fine and so was Aunt Maresa. I am excited to have another playmate for the holidays.
The weekend after we got home, Mom and Dad took me to the zoo in South Bend. We had lots of fun there.

Mom showed me how to pet the goats. I told her that this one smelled like Dad's aftershave. Mom laughed and said Dad doesn't wear aftershave. I guess I don't get what's so funny.
After Mom showed me how to pet the goats, I wanted to take it one step further and herd the goats. So, here I am..... herding goats.
By the way, another kid saw the goats licking a block of salt. He said he wondered what it tasted like so he ran his finger across the salt block that a herd of goats just licked and confirmed that it was in fact salt. Dad pointed out that at least he was smart enough to use his finger to taste it rather than licking it directly. Mom just rolled her eyes and whispered that this was my first lesson about why boys are icky.
After that I rode the horses. This horse's name is Penny. She was really big, but really nice. I had lots of fun.

Some other things that I fit in this week included me doing "This little piggy went to market" on Daisy's toes.

Also, when Mom was showing me about my potty, she said "Pee pee goes in the potty." So, since I know all of my letters, I went out to the refrigerator and pulled off the letter "P" and put it in the potty. Not quite what Mom was going for there but still technically correct.
I know my ABC's, can count to 20, and can walk up and down stairs all by myself. So, I am going to hit the open road for a while. See you guys next week!
2 comments:
Hi Macy!
You are a precious two-year old! Your kitchen looks fun. I am so glad you went to the zoo and had such a good time. I'll bet those goats are resting up a bit today. Your smile shows how much you love to ride the horses. Hugs and kisses! Love, Grandma R.
Hi Macy, Your birthday sure sounded like a lot of fun. I especially like how you already know how to celebrate for days and days. I liked your bucket dance and your horse sure looked like he was enjoying giving you a ride. Say hi to mom and dad and thanks for sharing your joy. Love, Kathy W.(Norwalk)
Post a Comment