Sunday, December 09, 2007

How Our New Refridgerator Made it Snow!

Well hi there! It has been an exciting week or two around our house. Did I mention that we got a new refrigerator? Yup! After Mom and I came back from Ohio, that's O...H...I...O or the home of THE Ohio State University football team that will be playing in the BCS championship game, we went to Sears and picked out a new refrigerator. We got one with the freezer on the bottom! It is big, and white, and ice cold.


The installation of the refrigerator did not go very smoothly. It started with the delivery guys dropping it off at 11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time. The only problem with that is we are on Central Standard Time. So after some very frustrated delivery guys came all the way back from western Illinois, we had our new fridge.



The only problem is that Mom didn't want an ice maker. As she pointed out she can make ice. [Editorial comment from Dad deleted] So the guys unhooked our water line and in the process stripped the valve. So right around 9:00 PM Mom noticed that the Scioto River had somehow been diverted to the middle of our kitchen. I thought we should keep our little tributary as it hearkened me back to the days of the Ohio Canal. Mom didn't share my enthusiasm for Ohio history.


So.......... we called a 24 hour plumber. To set the stage for the next part of the blog, let me remind everyone that this was the night of the Cowboys - Packers game. When our plumber finally stopped by he was having a pretty hard night. Not to mix trades but our plumber was hammered or as Mom told Dad, "He smells like booze and cigarettes!" For those of us too young to know what "hammered" means I thought a picture might explain.



Our plumber and Frosty had a lot in common.


Well, he decided that he would need to cut a big hole in the wall and then saw off the end of the water pipe. At this point of the evening neither Mom nor Dad truly cared. So he took out the dullest reciprocating saw this side of butter and started in on that copper pipe. Dad decided not to hover over him and was watching the football game when he heard a "Click, Click WHOOOOOOSH!" in the kitchen. Santa? Nope. Our plumber gave up on his rubber bladed reciprocating saw and was wobbling around the kitchen with a cutting torch. After a few tense moments where Dad wasn't sure whether he would set himself or our house on fire the pipe was cut and capped - and off he went to enjoy the rest of the game.


So what else did I do this week? Well, Mom and I made some pretty vests out of the grocery bags!



After that the neatest thing happened. It started to snow. It snowed a couple of inches, enough that Daisy's tummy gets slushy when she goes outside. Mom makes even Daisy wear her boots I can already tell what I'll be wearing at recess.


Since Dad was working the afternoon shift we decided to spend the morning playing in the the snow.



Here I am dressed in my warmest clothes and ready to go outside. Mom and Dad both had to help me put on my pants because I have several more layers underneath my jeans.



It was pretty bright so I wore my sunglasses!


Dad helped me walk through the snow. He has longer legs than I do.



After we took a couple of sled rides and played in the snow, Mom and Dad showed me how to make a snowball.



They are kind of hard to make when you have so many layers on you can't bend over. Look at this one!



Sir Edmund Hillary who? Dad can be my Sherpa since he carries all of Mom's and my stuff whenever we go somewhere.


Here are some more pictures of my snow adventure.



And, to save the best for last, here is a movie that Mom made with her new camera.



That's it for this week. Lately, I have been dancing to NSYNC. Mom and Dad cringe but I just totally get their music. Next week, I will explain the BCS ranking system!

No comments: