Sunday, November 02, 2008

Gathering Leaves

Spades take up leaves
No better than spoons,
And bags full of leaves
Are light as balloons.



I make a great noise
Of rustling all day
Like rabbit and deer
Running away.



But the mountains I raise
Elude my embrace,
Flowing over my arms
And into my face.



I may load and unload
Again and again
Till I fill the whole shed,
And what have I then?



Next to nothing for weight,
And since they grew duller
From contact with earth,
Next to nothing for color.



Next to nothing for use.
But a crop is a crop,
And who's to say where
The harvest shall stop?

by Robert Frost


Sunday, after church, Mom and Dad took me to the park. I took one last look at the flowers before the Fall frosts.



The flower petals felt very soft. They were red, pink, and purple.



I spent most of the morning walking from flower bed to flower bed.



Sometimes you have to get really close.



I have been doing some other fun things, in addition to going to the park. Mom, Dad, and I rode the train into Chicago because I went to the bathroom on the potty.



This is Mom and me as Dune Park flashes by!


This week was also Halloween! I dressed up as a green M&M. It was a lot of fun. I also had a back-up costume. I hadn't quite made up my mind if I would let Mom put my M&M costume on.



I was going to be a doctor. But, I was willing to put on my M&M costume after all.



Here I am on Halloween night!



Grandma and Grandpa (Dad's parents) came to visit too.



We had lots of fun together.



Even Daisy dressed up.



On Saturday we all went to the park together.


By the way.....the answer to my question about who is this riding the tractor........


It's Grandma (Mom's mom).



Everybody loves to ride on a tractor!

No comments: