Hi there! Well. I have quite a few new adventures to share!

I got my first haircut! Can you believe the big smile on my face? You would think that I would be half scared out of my wits having a stranger cut my hair.

....And here is how they did it. The miracle of Disney Pixar. I actually didn't mind all of that attention. And when I was all done........

...all I could say was "I totally love it. It is soooo me!"

I wasn't sure about the layers or highlights, but it totally works. Speaking of firsts check out my piggies!

Mom somehow convinced me to sit semi-still long enough to paint my toenails.

And that's not all! She painted my fingernails too!

No earrings though. Mom says Dad passes out at the sight of ears, errrr maybe she meant ear piercing. I don't really remember. Anyway.......
This is Cindy. She is very special to our family. She is my speech/feeding therapist.

Ms. Cindy has worked tirelessly to help me learn to eat. She cares for me a lot, and I just love her. Here we are having a laugh together at my most recent appointment. We laugh together a lot, because Ms. Cindy makes therapy fun.
You may be wondering where Dad has been. Lately he has been traveling quite a bit. Can you guess where this picture was taken?

Yup, that's right Dad was in Australia. It took him two plane changes and 20 hours of flight time to get there. Dad gave three presentations at the Australian Computer Emergency Response Team (AusCERT) conference.

He brought me a stuffed koala bear that looked just like the ones in the picture.
While Dad was in Australia, I met Taylor and Tyson at the park.

We always have a good time together. We had so much fun that we got together later in the week to run through the sprinkler.

Taylor, Tyson, Avery, Addison, and I had a great time together.
Mom spent the afternoon with her friends Melissa and Brooke.
That afternoon Dad came home from work early and picked up a few ears of sweet corn for dinner.

I helped him shuck the sweet corn. It was pretty fun.

The corn looked so good I decided to give it a try. After that I looked at Mom's irises that were just starting to bloom.

This coming week is full of new adventures in more than just one way. Next weekend our family is moving. For the past three and a half years we have shared our life with you as we lived it here in Indiana, good times and bad. Indiana holds many wonderful memories for Mom and Dad. This is where they bought their first home nearly seven years ago. It was that home which welcomed their first child.
Mom and Dad had the opportunity to work in jobs they loved and in the process made many lasting friendships with the people they came to know. We had wonderful neighbors and enjoyed going to the parks and festivals in the summer, the pumpkin patch and apple orchard in the fall, and sledding through our backyard in the winter.
Even though we know the future holds new and exciting things, we are all a little sad to say goodbye. With cardboard boxes and packing tape, one moves in and out of houses, but not always a home. A home is where the memories of first breaths and first steps will always be. All of the memories of our highest highs, our lowest lows, and everything in between will be what we think of as home. These memories will bring us back to our friends in Indiana, autumn leaves, summer fun, and everything in between.
Next week, we will be in Pennsylvania with new things to share with each of you.
2 comments:
Hi Macy,
We love your hair, your fingers, your toes, and your beautiful smile! Valparaiso will always be special to us because that is where you were born. We know you will enjoy new experiences in PA. You will make new friends and make happy memories in your new home. We look forward to your new adventures. Have a safe move!
Love, Grandma & Grandpa R.
Hi Macy,
Welcome to your new house!!!! I hope the move went well. I can't wait to hear all about it although I'm sure it will be awhile as you are all very busy with other things right now.
I adore your new hairdo and what a beautiful color you chose for your fingers and toes! Thanks for introducing me to Miss Cindy, it was nice to meet her. I'm sure you will miss her and many other things from Valparaiso. That town will always hold special memories for your family.
I'm sure you will enjoy getting to know your new surroundings, checking out all the parks, museums, zoos, and the McDonalds'.
Sleep well, eat well, and give a big hi to mom and dad for me.
Love, Kathy
Post a Comment