Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Walt Disney World!

Hi there everybody!  Sorry I have been on hiatus for a little while.  We took a family vacation to Disney World!  We had a great time, and I have lots and lots of things to share.  As a Christmas present, Mom, Dad, and I took a vacation to Disney World.

It was a great vacation!  We spent almost a whole week at Disney World.  Before it was over I rode in a car, airplane, train, tour bus, river boat, ferry boat, monorail, and city bus......



 and a tea cup!

Mom, Dad, and I started off from Pennsylvania with heavy snow falling.  Traffic was backed up because of an accident and we weren't sure if we would be on time for our flight.

We made it to the airport just fine and as it turned out our flight was delayed anyway due to a big snowstorm in the East.  After a couple hours of patiently waiting, I watched from the window as I took off on my first airplane flight!

We made it to our hotel around two in the morning and we all did some power-sleeping.

After a couple hours of rest, Mom, Dad, and I were ready to go exploring until Gandma, Grandpa, Uncle Ned, and my cousin Megan were to arrive later that day. 

We took a river boat to downtown Disney.  It was a little chilly, but fun nonetheless. 



Mom made lunch reservations for us at the Rain Forest Cafe.


It was really neat.  Every so often the animals would come to life and a thunderstorm would blow through.


Hey buddy look out!

Sheesh.  That guy was talking on his cell phone and had no idea a big elephant was right behind him. The elephants were my favorite!

After lunch we headed back to the hotel to see if everyone else made it.  After everyone settled in to their hotel rooms we headed to Epcot to take a look around.




There was lots to do and see there.  We ate dinner at Sunchine Seasons, then we went to the Finding Nemo exhibit. 



We saw even saw some fireworks at the end of the night.  I sat on Dad's shoulders to get a better view.
The next day we headed to Magic Kingdom.  We were going to have lunch with the Disney princesses at the Royal Table in the big castle!!



Megan dressed like her favorite Disney princess, Rapunzel. 



We had SO much fun in Magic Kingdom! What an adventure! I rode the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad roller coaster in the front car with my hands up the whole way.  It was my favorite ride, although I really loved all the rides a lot. We also saw a really neat 3D movie called Mickey's Philharmagic Movie. 


The day went so fast.  Before we knew it, it was time to have lunch....with the princesses!



Cinderella signed our autograph books and we all took a picture together.


We did something else special that day.  We celebrated Grandma's birthday!


She was really surprised! Happy Birthday, Grandma!!

After that, we explored Fantasyland, Mickey's Toon Town Fair, and a little bit of Frontierland.  That night, we watched Disney's Electrical Parade and the fireworks show at the big castle.  We even saw Tinkerbell fly across the sky from the castle just before the "Wishes" fireworks started. It was all just so...magical!

The next day we came back to Magic Kingdom and went to Adventureland and Tomorrowland.  But, the first thing we did was meet Tinkerbell and her friends! Like my fairy wings?



I was so excited to meet Tinkerbell, Rosetta, and Vidia! 


Megan met Rapunzel and even danced with her, and then later met the fairies too. 

This is my favorite horse on the carousel. I named her Victoria.




I even found a real flower that someone put in her mane.  I left it there so another little girl could find it.

We watched a parade together in the afternoon.  Mom found a good spot for us in Frontierland.  After she found her spot, Dad was dispatched to find some snacks.




Ice cream and funnel cake, what could be better to eat while watching a parade?


That night, Mom made reservations for us at Chef Mickey's.  It was in Disney'sContemporary Hotel.  We took the monorail to get there.




While everyone else was pretty tired, I had plenty of energy.  In fact, I played so hard in the hotel that my cheeks were rosey red.


Finally, it was time for dinner...with Mickey and Friends!


 It was a really fun dinner.  We met Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald Duck, and Daisy Duck.  Minnie gave me sweet kisses on my head, and I loooved meeting Pluto.  On a side note, many of you know that I recently started eating big person food.  There is one thing that makes everything taste better--Easy Cheese!

 
Unfortunately, Easy Cheese is not exactly on the menu at most restaurants.  Mom carried this can around with her the entire time.  What is better than that?  Thanks, love you Mama. I won't tell any of your dietitian friends about your processed cheese trick.
After a few hours of sleep that night we headed to Hollywood Studios the next day.



Dad took this picture of us in front of Mickey's sorcerer's hat.  We watched a 3D Muppets movie that was really funny.  Then we went to the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids Exhibit".


I was a really neat place to play.  There were all sorts of things to explore in what was like a giant backyard.



After playing for a while, Megan and I were hungry.


We had lunch at Pizza Planet.  Yeah, Pizza Planet...you know, like from Toy Story. It was so awesome! After lunch began the one and only crisis of the trip.

I realized that I had left Harlow (my basset hound buddy) on the bus to Hollywood Studios that morning.


The little dog that I am holding in this picture is Harlow.  Harlow is very special to me.  Unfortunately, after lunch I realized she was missing.  Mom figured out that I probably left her on the bus.  Despite everyone's best efforts I was inconsolable. 

Mom took me to Hollywood Studios Customer Relations to check the lost and found.  No Harlow.  I was so upset that Disney gave me a free dalmatian stuffed animal to keep me company until I found Harlow.  


I put on a brave face and we took a ferry boat back to Magic Kingdom.   That afternoon we spent most of our time exploring Adventureland and Tomorrowland.  Megan and I flew on magic carpets, rode the People Mover, and had lots and LOTS of fun.




That night we had a nice family dinner in Liberty Square and watched the parade.  By the end, Megan fell asleep in her stroller, but I still had some energy left.  I rode one of my favorite roller coasters, the Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacres just as the fireworks started.  It was really neat to be up so high as the different colored fireworks were bursting.

The next day we headed back to Epcot.  We all decided to ride Soarin together.  It is a ride that you sit in ski lift-type chairs and then you "fly" over the California countryside, which appears on a gigantic screen.  We really felt like we were flying, which was good practice for Grandma's first plane ride home.

After riding Soarin, we visited all of the different countries there.  We had lunch in Norway and met even more Disney princesses! It was wonderful!


I had my picture taken with Belle.  She's one of my favorite Disney princesses, and she was very nice. I really liked talking with her. The other princess came to our table and visited us during lunch.  Mary Poppins was especially fun to talk to, too!




After lunch, we toured all of the other "countries" in Epcot.  We saw incredible acrobats in China.   The beer garden in Germany seemed to be the most popular place, although we didn't stay there very long.  We also went to Japan.

In Japan, Megan and I each picked out oysters that had pearls inside.  This is me, picking out my oyster.


My pearl turned out to be the biggest of the day!  I was so proud of my beautiful pearl and I carried it around with me the rest of the day.
There were lots of other neat exhibits in Epcot. 



Dad especially liked this picture.  Can you see me at the far end with my wings?  We saw so many neat things.  All along the way Mom had been checking with Lost and Found for Harlow.  No luck.  We still had a good time at Epcot an cod out the night with some ice cream.




The next day, Grandma, Uncle Ned, and Megan flew home.  Grandpa headed out to do some biking in Florida.  Our flight wasn't until much later in the evening so our plan was to spend some more time at Disney.

Unfortunately, Dad woke up a little under the weather, and it was pouring down rain.  The rain had closed a lot of the exhibits and rides.  So, Mom called Lost and Found one lost time to see if Harlow turned up.

They had found her!  Off we went to Lost and Found to be reunited with Harlow.  I was so thrilled!

Here we are waiting for the bus to take us to the airport together.


It was a great vacation!  Mom worked really hard to plan it for us.  I think everyone was worn out by the end, but only because we had so much fun.  Disney is just such a magical experience, and we now have so many great memories of our trip.  Sorry it took so long to share them.  Hope you are all doing well! See you guys next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Macy!
I'm so glad Harlow found her way back to your arms. Thanks for the fun memories and making the trip and my birthday so special. Not many grandmas can celebrate in the Castle with their two favorite princesses, loving family members, and the Disney princesses, as well.
The whole trip was magical!
Love, Grandma R.

Kathy said...

WOW!!!, Macy, what a great vacation to Disney World you had. I had such fun reading this blog and seeing all the magical times you had with your family. I'm sure you will be thinking about all the fun times for weeks to come. I'm so glad you found Harlow. I know you would have missed him terribly.
Have a great week at school. I think we have some big snow coming again - enjoy.
Love,
Kathy