Monday, July 11, 2011

Fireworks, Pirates, and Community Days!

Hi there everybody!  It has been a busy two weeks for me.  I've got lots of new adventures to share.  On July 4th Mom and Dad took me to a Pittsburgh Pirates game!


We parked along the Allegheny River and walked across the Robert Clemente Bridge to PNC Park.  Here I am with Dad standing on the bridge.  The bridge was closed to all cars so we were able to walk right down the center!


We had terrific seats.  Mom, Dad, and I sat just to the left of home plate behind the foul ball net.  We could see everything.  It was pretty hot though.


This is the face I made when the Houston Astro's took the lead.  Fortunately it didn't last long. 


Here's Dad with my dog Muffy.  She's not a real dog but everyone thinks she is.



The Pirates have a parrot for a mascot.  I bet it was hot wearing that costume.


We ate hot dogs and sang Take Me Out to the Ballgame.  It was a great time!

That same weekend we had a campfire with our neighbors Jill, Dave, and Elliott. 


Afterward we lit sparklers to celebrate the 4th of July.


It was pretty fun to watch the sparklers burn. 

This week, I went to the pool and to Community Days!  At the pool, I graduated to Level 3 swim lessons.  I can even go down the big water slide all by myself.  Mom and Dad catch me at the bottom. 

At Community Days there were lots of fun rides to ride.  Mom and I got really dizzy on this one.


The ride that you see Dad and me in spun around and rotated in the air!  Dad was really glad to get off of it in the end. 


Mom rode the same ride later in the evening, after a chicken fajita and some funnel cake.  She was even happier to get off of it than Dad was.

This was the first time that I had ever ridden the swings.


As you can tell, I thought the ride was pretty fun.

Here I am riding the smallest carousel in the world.


My shoes could almost touch the carousel's deck.

Community Days also had a petting zoo.  Look at these cute little pigs!


I fed this donkey and then gave him a pat.


The llama was kind of tall, but I managed to give him a treat too.


This pony's name is Apache.


He took me for a ride around Community Days.


Best of all I saw a lot of my friends at Community Days.  Here I am play a Boy Scout game with Bridgett and her mom.  I also saw Ian, Bryn, and Ella there.  Everyone had a great time.

See you guys next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Macy!
Wow! You have been a busy girl! I am glad Muffy got to go to the Pirates game with you.
You're at Level 3 swim lessons already! Way to go!
Looks like you had lots of rides and fun at your Community Days. Stay cool!
Love,
Grandma R.