I hope everyone had a great weekend! I sure did. We went to the National Aviary!
It was so much fun. Here is a picture that Mom took of two lorikeets.
I was able to feed them some nectar. They sure were hungry.
My lorikeet, Heather and I posed for a picture with the other lorikeets.
There were so many interesting birds to look at. Here I am standing in front of two toucans.
There were birds from the rain forest, the wetlands, and the grasslands.
There were also some really neat penguins. I participated in a penguin encounter where I was able to see one up close. Everyone, this is Preston!
Preston was kind of shy.
I was able to pet his feathers and his wing. His feathers were very soft and his wing felt almost leathery.
I had a great day at the Aviary. After we had all of the fun we could fit in one day we went to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner...the Spaghetti Warehouse!
See you guys next week.
1 comment:
Hi Macy,
Wow! Trips to the Aviary and the Pittsburgh Spaghetti Warehouse! What a great way to spend your day off! Lucky you! The photos are so beautiful. Heather and the other lorikeets, the toucans, and you look very pretty. It was nice that you were able to pet shy Preston.
Stay warm!
Love, Grandma R.
Post a Comment