Sunday, July 08, 2012

Birds and Rocks and Baseball


Hi everybody!  I hope you found somewhere cool to beat the summer heat.  It has been in the high 90's all week.  Mom and I have spent a lot of time at the swimming pool!  

Last week, Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Mike came to visit.  We spent a nice afternoon together.


Mom made salmon for lunch and a delicious Key Lime pie.


After visiting us, Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Mike headed off to see the home that Frank Lloyd Wright designed called Fallingwater.

On the Fourth of July Mom and Dad took me to a Pirates game! 


I asked Mom and Dad for a giant foam finger the last time we went.  Check out what I got!



 We had great seats.  We sat behind home plate but up far enough that our seats were in the shade the entire game.  Good thing, because it was really hot that day!  I sat on Dad's lap to see over the crowd, and ate lots of ice cream to stay cool.  The Pirate's beat the Houston Astro's!  Go Bucs!!!

This week Mom and Dad bought me some books on bird watching and rock collecting.  We spent some time in our backyard looking for rocks and birds.  I found a piece of quartz.and saw a house wren and a house sparrow.

At the end of the night I caught some fireflies in my bug catcher.  When it was time to go inside I had Mom and Dad put their hands together with mine and we let them fly away.  

I hope everyone has a great week!
  

No comments: