Sunday, September 30, 2012

Birthday and More!

Hi there! It's been such a loooong time since my last blog. Dad has been traveling a lot lately. But he's home now so it's time to catch up. I had a birdday...I mean a birthday!!  I really love birds so we celebrated with family and friends at the National Aviary.




It was so much fun.  We played lots of games and even met two very special birds!  This is Kaden.  He is a six month old African penguin.  He really liked the flower on my head band.


Mom held a blueberry in her hand and a friendly toucan named Beatrice flew to her!



I even had a bird-themed birthday cake.  


 Blue and Jewel from one of my favorite movies, Rio, helped me celebrate.

Dad was traveling for work so Mom and Uncle Ned took lots of pictures.


This is me and my friend Mary.  We go to school together and are great friends!  


Here we are playing one of the games.  We had to get the birds to land in their nest.



Aunt Maresa is watching Grayson color his toucan beak for the "pin the beak on the bird" game!


Then everyone watched us play the games.


Grandma is watching us open presents.


Here I am with Grandma and Grandpa!



After the party we came home and I found a parrot pinata in back of our house!


Megan hit it hard enough to make it rain candy!  She thought part of the pinata made a great puppet, too.



Maezhen gave me this beautiful dog purse. 


I love it and carry it out with me wherever I go.


 Here are some more pictures from my birthday!

It was a great birthday.  Guess who else had a birthday?

Daisy!


Daisy is 14 years old.

I started school again.  Here are a couple of pictures of me on my first day.


And here I am again.  Mom likes to take pictures.


I had a great first day at school.  In fact, it was my first FULL day of school.


That's it for now.  


Hope you have a great week.  More smiles to come.

2 comments:

Cindy Sabella said...

Macy, I can't believe you are 7!!! I still remember you as a tiny 1-year old, time flies. I think of you and read your blog sometimes, it's good to see you growing up and doing so well. It really helps me and encourages me! I hope you love first grade! :-)
Miss Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Macy,
What a special birthday celebration you had! Isn't it great that you and Daisy share the same birthday month? I loved the last blog picture where the two of you are having a good laugh.
I am glad school is going so nicely. You are a fantastic reader! Mom taught you well.
It's wonderful news that Dad is back from his work travels.
Have a terrific week!
Love,
Grandma R.