Hi there! Sorry I haven't posted anything in a little while. I have been having a summer full of fun and this is the first chance I've had to share some of my latest adventures!
Where to begin ... where to begin. Let's start with Community Days! Every year right after July 4th, we celebrate Community Days where I live. It is lots of fun. There are rides to ride, festival food, and best of all friends!
Here I am with Mary and her brother Drew!
Mary and I had a great time together and spending the evening with our friends and families.
We also watched the fireworks together the next day!
Right after Community Days my family went to Myrtle Beach for vacation!
It was awesome!
We had a great time. We went to the beach every day.
And our hotel had an indoor water park!
Dad's a pretty good swimmer so we waded out into the waves together!
I have now gone swimming in both the Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean!
Myrtle Beach was very different than Waikiki Beach.
The water wasn't quite as clear and there were a lot more shells.
I found some really pretty shells. We caught some sand crabs too.
We went out to dinner a couple times. I ate my very first hush puppy!
There was an alligator in a pond next to one of the restaurants where we ate dinner.
One day we walked along the boardwalk. We took a ride on the Skywheel.
You would see really far from the top.
This is Pier 14. We ate lunch there and watch some people go fishing. We saw an 8 foot long black tipped shark next to the pier.
I'm glad there wasn't a pier near our part of the beach. Our last day it was very windy and the waves were so big I had to stay out of the water.
Before I knew it our vacation was over and it was time to go home.
I had a great time and so did Mom and Dad.
After I came home I invited Mary to a sleepover.
We roasted some marshmallows.
Once the fire burned down we put it out and went to sleep.
In sporting news, I started tennis lessons!
I have one lesson a week, and I really like playing tennis.
That's it for now. Dad has been traveling here and there and Mom seems to be constantly on the go. I'll try to post to the blog more frequently. Have a great week!


1 comment:
Oh, Macy, I've missed you too. Thanks for sharing all your adventures. You sure have had a fun summer. My favorite picture is the one of you standing above your name on the beach - you look positively glorious!
I know you are in Ohio this week. I hope the camping Sunday night was fun and that you got to eat lots of goodies at the Ohio State Fair.
Hi to mom and dad.
Love, Kathy
Post a Comment