Sunday, June 08, 2014

Last Day of School, Birthdays, Road Trips, Big News

Hi there everybody! 


Sorry it's been awhile since I've written on my blog.  We have lots of new adventures to share.  Uncle Ned and my cousin Megan came to visit!  We had a terrific time together! 


Mom, Dad, and I went to the annual school carnival.  I broke a board with a karate kick.


I also dunked my principal.


Over Memorial Day weekend Mom, Dad, Elizabeth, and me went to Washington, D.C.  Here is Elizabeth on Pennsylvania Avenue!


We got a family picture too. 


Dad said he walks this by here quite often when he is in Washington, D.C.


After we saw the White House we walked to the Washington Monument.  Along the way we saw the U.S. Capitol Building in the distance.
  

I am so happy all of the repairs are done.  A couple of years ago an earthquake damaged the monument


After seeing the Washington Monument we walked down the National Mall to see the World War II Memorial and then the Lincoln Memorial.


Dad took Elizabeth and sat in the shade.


This picture is taken from the Lincoln Memorial facing back towards the Washington Monument.  


Our trip to Washington, D.C. was really fun.  When I came home I finished out the school year.  At the end of the year we had a field day.  Both Mom and Dad came to help out.


We had a lot of fun playing games, tug of war and best of all a chance to cool off with a fire truck at the end.


We also had a class picnic that Mom came to have fun with me too.


Mom brought everyone a pair of cool party glasses.  

Last Friday was the final day of school for the year.


It is hard to believe that I am a third grader!


I'm growing up fast.

While all of this was going on I am still playing softball and having a lot of fun.  


Plus I had a gymnastics show.  


Here I am jumping off of a spring board into a vault.


I really like my gymnastics instructor Miss Holly.


She made learning the routines really fun.

Now that summer is here I am enjoying playing in my backyard.  I made a fairy house called the Pixie Inn.


Dad found a big turtle when he was mowing the grass.


And of course I couldn't forget Mom's birthday!  She is 40 years old!


Dad and I made her a chocolate cake and we went out to dinner to a Japanese restaurant.  


Dad says Mom is as beautiful as ever and I think so too.

To close out this blog entry I have one more picture of the Washington Monument to share.  


The reason I chose this picture is because Dad has been transferred to Washington, D.C.  We will soon be moving there so I can start the school year at my new school.  We will keep everyone posted when we have some more of the details worked out.  We are sad to be leaving our home and our friends in Pennsylvania.  But we know that whatever life brings, we are a family and we will get through it together.

Here's a little German accordion music to send you on your way.


See you guys next week!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Macy,
Congrats on being a Third Grader! I am so proud of you. I loved all the photos. From the pictures I could tell you have been a very busy girl. I know your move will be a big, new adventure for you, Mom, Dad, and Lizzie. I am glad you have seen the place where you will be moving near.
Love,
Grandma R.

Unknown said...

Macy - We really enjoy seeing and reading your blog, but it would be more fun to see you in person!! Moving will be a busy, fun experience. It is so great that with each move you get to see another part of our great country! We love and miss you! Grandpa and Grandma Moore

Unknown said...

Macy - We really enjoy seeing and reading your blog, but it would be more fun to see you in person!! Moving will be a busy, fun experience. It is so great that with each move you get to see another part of our great country! We love and miss you! Grandpa and Grandma Moore

Anonymous said...

Wow! Macy, you had lots of news to share in this blog. I can't believe you will be in 3rd grade next year either. The end of the school year looked like a lot of fun and you keep very busy with gymnastics and softball. I'm sure you enjoy it all.
It certainly is big news that you are moving to Washington DC this summer. I know it will be a big change for all of you but with your great personality you will make new friends lickety-split and have lots of new adventures to tell about.
Have a great summer.
Love, Kathy