Sunday, August 30, 2015

Last Day of Summer

Well, it's been awhile since my last post, but here we go.  Tomorrow is the first day of school!  I am going to be a fourth grader!  So before school starts, I figured I would close out the summer with a few pictures.

This summer I went to Virginia Beach.  It was lots of fun.


I brought my boogie board to ride.


Dad would wade out in the ocean with me to help get me lined up for the big waves.


It was very pretty there in the evenings.  


Toward the end of our vacation, Grandma, Uncle Ned, and my cousin Megan came from Ohio to join us at the beach.


We watched sea turtles be released into the ocean.


We all had a great time together.


On the last day of our vacation we took a boat ride to see dolphins.



We saw a whole bunch of dolphins.



After that we spent a day in Washington, DC.



We went to the Smithsonian and the monuments along the National Mall.


I like the Lincoln Memorial and so does Dad.  It is his favorite monument.


We even took pictures next to Einstein!


In other news, I had my tenth birthday!  We all went to Chuck e Cheese.


Mom made a very special oreo cake and decorated the house like Paris.


Then I had a sleep-over with my friends.


It has been a great summer.  Tomorrow I will be a fourth grader, and I am very excited to see what's next on the horizon.  See you guys next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Macy!
Ten years old! You have grown up so much in those ten years. I am thinking of you as you begin Fourth Grade tomorrow. I know you will do well and you will have a great year. We certainly enjoyed our time with you. Thanks for being you.
Love,
Grandma R.

Anonymous said...

Hi Macy!
I can't believe you are 10 years old and in the fourth grade! I hope you have had a good first few days of school. I hope you like your teacher this year - I know he/she will be happy to have you in the class. You sure had a busy and fun vacation. Say hi to your mom and dad for me. Have a great Labor Day weekend.
Love, Kathy