Monday, January 16, 2006

Is this thing on?

Mom is getting ready to take another picture. Let's see if I can get my eyes half open like my Dad usually does. Darn! Mom got me. Eyes wide open. Well, while I'm here, how about I tell you a little secret. You'll have to lean in close to hear it.

I rolled over for the for the first time this weekend. Actually, I rolled over on my 5 month birthday - which in my house was celebrated like a Cinco de Mayo, Mardi Gras, and the Fourth of July rolled into one, but I digress.

Mom, Dad, and I were playing on my gymini. For those of you who are not familiar with this toy, it is multi-colored mat with lots of toys and lights hanging off of two arches over the top. It also plays music. I never cry when I play in it. Dad has described it as "sanity" whatever that means. Anyway, I was laying on my tummy and I couldn't see what was going on behind me. I could have sworn Mom and Dad had dozed off so I pushed myself right over just to make sure no one was sleeping on the job. Mom and Dad tried to see if I could roll from my back to my front. I can get half-way but I just can't get all the way over.

This is me! Don't worry, that lamp isn't really growing out of my head. I am wearing an outfit with lots of roses. Coincidentally, my middle name is Rose too. I had lots of smiles for Mom that day. You can see her hands in the bottom of the picture.

My eyes are blue in this picture, but I don't think that they are going to stay that way for too much longer. You can already see just a hint that they are slowing changing colors. I am going to guess that I will end up with brown eyes just like Dad. I just hope I don't end up with Dad's feet. They smell like my diaper pail.

Mom has been trying to get me to eat cereal. I can almost get it to the back of my mouth before I sneeze it all over her. That usually ends me eating cereal for the day. No worries, I will figure it out yet. I do like my giraffe bib that Dad bought for me. No pictures of me wearing it this time, but maybe next time.

This is me (of course) and my flower rattle. I am really getting the idea behind a lot of my toys. I can hold them in one hand and pass them to another, reach for them, and shake them around. This one is nice and soft. Some of my rattles are made of solid plastic. Mom and Dad forgot to warn me about that. So, after whacking myself in the head a couple of times, I figured that one out on my own.

Did I mention that I wasn't the only one with a birthday recently? Grandma had her birthday party at my house. We had cake and everyone sang Happy Birthday! I was the master of ceremonies presiding over the event. I don't know my numbers yet so you will have to read for yourself how old Grandma is. I sure wanted to put some of that cake on my face. Mom said no. What a wet blanket.

Twenty-nine! Wow I guess having grandchildren really does make you feel younger. I wouldn't have guessed a day over 25! I am going to spend two weeks at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Dad has to go for more computer nerd training so I get to hang out with my fellow pumpkin lovers. It is so nice when I get to see both sets of my grandparents. There is always an available lap to sit on or a dry shoulder to drool on.

When I go over to my Dad's parents, I am going to look around for that Santa guy. It is going to be hard to wait until next year to see him again. I might leave out some more cookies to see if I can trick him into coming a little sooner. Mom said this might work since Dad won't be there to eat the cookies. I guess Dad has a nose for cookies, according to Mom. I wonder if I like cookies?

Did I mention who else had a birthday? Yep, me! Here are some pictures of me, 5 months old.

See the rose? Get it Macy Rose? Mom and Dad, oh aren't they clever.

I wanted to share this picture with you. This is a rare photograph of a miniature (albiet big-boned) daschund in its natural environment. Notice it is laying in the sun on some couch cushions, sleeping. I have named this rare find....."sleeping off a big meal Daisy" of the Canine species.

This picture is a good example of what I mentioned earlier about Dad and his half open eyes. Way to make us proud Dad.


Here are some of the many faces of me.

Surprised

Contemplative

"What favors would I recommend for Mom's friend Jen Ineson's wedding?"
"Well, glad that you asked. I find things that have contrasting colors, lights, or crinkle when you grab them are the most entertaining. Your guests will love these."

Pouty

Happy


No comments: