Saturday, January 21, 2006

I've got my eyes on you

This week I was the star of Mom and Dad's home video, next week a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Mom and Dad decided that they had better get on the ball and start watching me play - not just through their half-open, sleep deprived eyelids - but also through the view finder of that fancy camera of theirs. I did my best to really project my inner most feelings but I was working with amateurs. I mean, no blocking, no dressing room, not even Craft Services was there! Talk about cheap.

With some encouragement from Mom, Dad figured out how to make the camera and computer work to produce the bio-pic otherwise known as my life. He even bought some label making software for the DVD's. Mainly, I think he was trying to ditch Mom with the dishes and would have happily used a Sharpie to write "Macy" on the DVDs if we hadn't just eaten dinner. Nonetheless, I have put out my first DVD. I will be sending it to my grandparents for a screening before distributing it to my fans.

Other new techology in my world is adding audio to my blog. In a couple of weeks, there will be a link to click on and you will be able to hear my voice. I would be adding it sooner, but Dad has to go away for some computer training required by work. So without the family computer nerd, I will probably have to put that on hold for a little bit.

I have another appointment at Riley Children's Hospital this month. I have another swallow study. I hope I do better on this one. the better I do, the more practice I can have drinking from a bottle. I have to swallow a "cookie". This is not the kind of cookie that Grandma slips into Mom's pocket. This cookie is something like barium. Now, being a baby I can destroy three outfits before its lunch time - even when my diaper is on nice and snug. This barium stuff is like the atom bomb of diaper disasters. Mom and Dad might as well skip putting the diaper on.

Mom and I worked on eating cereal. Mom ate ice cream and made a bunch of funny sounds like she was eating something really good. I ate cereal and blew it all over my face. However, I did manage to swallow a spoonful which is a first.

Life is so much better with my feeding tube. This February I will be trading it for something known as a "Mickey" button. I will still have to sue a feeding tube to eat, but with the button, I can take the tube off when I don't need it so I can crawl around.

My latest accomplishment, in addition to eating a spoonful of cereal and rolling over, is holding my head up. In case you hadn't noticed, but my head is kind of heavy for me to lug around. But lately, I have really figured out how to keep my head centered over my shoulders. For example, when Mom or Dad leans me backward, I push my head forward. Not too bad for a five month old baby.

By the way, Mom took me to visit all of her friends at work. They are really nice and I like hanging out just with the ladies. We talk and laugh and have a really good time. Too bad none of the drug reps. came in. I never like missing a free lunch from Panera Bread.


This is it for now. I'll kick Dad in the pants to get some audio on this thing. I'll see you next week.

P.S. Ever wonder how I can publish a blog when I am only five months old? Three words... Baby Einstein books.

No comments: