It's me everybody! In case you can't read what my bib says, I'll tell you. It says, "My Grandparents Love Me". I am just sitting down to eat. I can't say for sure which meal this is, but my guess is that it is around mid-morning. The sun is out, my outfit doesn't have any baby food on it yet, and you can see the bottle of Sun Light dish soap behind me for a morning dishwasher load. I'm going to be an investigator like Dad....an investigator of everything that is breakable and I shouldn't touch. I am getting ready to start scooting followed by a brisk crawl. Mom and Dad bet I will be on the move by the end of April.We have a lot of new feeding strategies since our last visit to Riley Children's Hospital. One way is co-feeding. Basically, Mom puts whatever I'm eating on three spoons, one for her and two for me. The idea is that I might put one of the spoons in my mouth between Mom's attempts to get hers in there. When it works, I'm learning how to feed myself. When it doesn't work, I am learning how to cover myself in pudding, sweet potatoes, or cereal. Statiscally speaking, Mom should be winning. However, I have overcome math through unexplainable, unpredictable baby behavior.
Another feeding strategy that we are working on is trying different types of food other than baby food. One type of food is pudd
ing. I'm not sure how much I ate, but I did manage to put enough of it on my face, head, neck, ears, and eyes that I might as well been bobbing for pudding instead of using a spoon.This is where Mom tries to trick me into eating a Cheeto. That is my cup with formula in it. I do a little better with that. At first I wanted to hold it myself. Now, I let Mom and Dad do the work for me. I'm just a baby you know.
Daisy likes Cheetos too! Whenever I drop them over the side of my chair, Daisy is right there to gobble them up. I love to watch Daisy as she sniffs around the kitchen. She and I are going to be best buddies. She sleeps most of the day, but every now and then she w
ill bark at a car that drives by or someone at our door. Daisy likes to lick my hands because they taste cheesy.Am I Little Red Riding Hood or OB-1? Use the Force Luke. I just got done with a bath and am getting dried off in my towel/cape. I hope big peope towels have this handy hood on them.
After Mom and Dad are done helping me with my blog, I am probably heading for a bath this afternoon. I like taking a bath, but Daisy sure doesn't. Fortunately for Daisy, her baths have gotten a lot less frequent since I came around.
As you can tell by my arms and my cheeks, I am still growing. I weigh 17 lbs and 14 ounces now. I will be tipping the scales at 18 pounds before you know it.
Our last visit to Indianapolis, my ears were checked out. I am having tubes put in on the first of May. I guess some fluid had built up in them. Even though it will gradually drain away, I can't have any fluid in my middle ear otherwise everything that I hear will sound like it's underwater.
Here is another self portrait. I can't wait until I grow a little more so my arms will be longer.
That way, I will be able to hold the camera a little farther away.Well, that's all for now. Check out my blog next week. I mean it!
How was my "I mean it" face? I was going for edgy and thoughtful; not fussy and like I just went to the bathroom in my pants. Did I get it right? Too much raw emotion? I can take it down a couple notches. I just get so invested, what can I say I'm a baby.
How was my "I mean it" face? I was going for edgy and thoughtful; not fussy and like I just went to the bathroom in my pants. Did I get it right? Too much raw emotion? I can take it down a couple notches. I just get so invested, what can I say I'm a baby.
1 comment:
Hi Macy,
We sure do love you! And I know Daisy loves you, too. You help her a lot. Now Daisy gets lots of Cheetos and fewer baths. What more could a dog want? I am glad you enjoy your bath. I think you will be a great swimmer since you like water so much. Good luck managing all those spoons.
Love,
Grandma R.
Post a Comment