Guess who had a birthday? Mommy did!

I won't say how old she is because a lady never reveals her age or her Mom's for that matter. I got her a card and I signed it by tracing my hand on the inside since I can't write just yet. Mom had lots of fun on her birthday. She got to open lots of nice presents and cards from all of our family. Then, she went shopping all by herself!
Birthdays are always lots of fun. I am looking forward to my birthday! Mom let me play with her balloons. They were really fun. I like playing pretend. Can you guess what I'm pretending here?

Why it's the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! My name is Macy, and ummm the balloon is like the ones in the parade........ badum-bum (cricket, cricket).
Here is another potentially embarrassing picture of me. My favorite book is Little Duck. It has a finger puppet that is attached to the book and helps tell the story. The story goes something like...."Meet little duck swimming in the pond. He's hoping to playpeekaboo with someone who comes along."So Mom and Dad are now starting to refer to me as their "Little Duck". This is in addition to little snucks, pumpkin, turkey, Macy-baby (just in case they forgot who/what I was), our little rosebud, peanut, the list could go on and on.
From the look of my outfit, it would appear that my rear-end has already met Little Duck. It's not surprising that Mr. Duck is a little flat because I weigh 19 pounds and 10 ounces now. And, I have been practicing sitting down. I started out with an uncontrolled plop. But, I have worked my way up (or down as the case may be) to a controlled descent with my Pampers breaking only a little of my fall.
In addition to packing on a few more ounces, I have something else to share. My third tooth is starting to come in! This one is on the top. After I came back from Riley Children's Hospital it really started to show. My appointments went pretty smoothly. I had a gastric emptying study in the morning. It wasn't a lot of fun. The technician literally taped me down to an exam table for an hour! I did watch Elmo and Baby Einstein since I had no where else to go. I fell asleep during Baby Einstein.
It is a little tiresome when you're taped to a table to look at a real dog, then see a cartoon dog, then see an impressionist painting of a dog - and then repeat this process for about 20 other animals. It is especially boring when you compare a red, furry muppet talking to a goldfish name Dorothy. Now that's entertainment!Just one more thing. On Mom's shopping trip she bought me a swimming pool! Yeah! I looooooooooooooooooooooooove the water. Mom also bought me a pretty pink swimsuit. The weather had been perfect for swimming right up until Mom bought the pool. Then the temperature dropped, the wind picked up, and it started to rain. What started out as an outdoor pool turned into an indoor pool! Mom and Dad put the pool in the kitchen for me. Dad was in charge of filling the pool while Mom got me in my suit. Mom said Dad had the water just a little too cold. She shouldn't worry, because I will take care of that in due time.
I played in the pool for a good part of the afternoon. I even splashed water all over my face and didn't cry one tear. By the time I had to get out half of the water was splashed on Mom, Dad, and the kitchen floor.
Well, I hope you all have a great week! I'm going swimming!

1 comment:
Hi Macy!
We love being able to see you swim! It looks like you are quite the swimmer. And--we love your pretty swimsuit too.
Another tooth! That's great!
Hugs,
Love,
Grandma R.
Post a Comment