Monday, June 05, 2006

This is My Foot

Check out all of the books that I have been reading! I started with the Fairy Tales book, moved on to the West Point Registry of Graduates, and finished up with Sister Wendy's Story of Painting. Do you like my PJ's? I like to hang out with Mom in the morning. We both sit on the couch in our PJ's while Mom feeds me. I'm usually asleep.

As you can see, I am standing up. I can stand up almost everywhere. I am thinking about walking, but I just haven't got to that part of my "to do" list. I am a little wobbly still. I did learn how to climb the steps a lot faster. Instead of crawling on each step until I stand up with both legs at once, I actually step up one leg at a time. Mom and Dad think that I'm going to be right-handed because I lead with my right leg.

That piece of wood by my feet is a train whistle. My Grandpa likes trains and even worked as a fireman for the railroad. That's where his dad worked too. I think I like trains just like Grandpa because the train whistle is the very first thing I play with when I crawl over to the bookcase. I can't make it whistle yet, but Mom and Dad will give it a blast every now and then. They don't do it too often because Daisy gets scared. I can hear the trains that go by my house when I fall asleep at night. I think they help me sleep. But the first couple nights Mom and Dad thought a train was heading straight for our house! It was because of the baby monitors. The monitor in my room would pick up the sound of the train whistle and Mom had the one in their room turned up pretty loud so you can imagine what happened next.

This is my piggy-bank. It hs a bunch of coins that you can put in the top and it will count or play music. I have an orange coin in my hand. I really like taking off the plastic door on the otherside of the piggy bank.

Mom and Dad spin the coins on the floor like quarters. Sometimes Dad will roll the coins across the living room and I will try to catch them. Well, to be truthful, I let them hit something and fall over. Then I look at them and maybe crawl by on the way to my other toys.

I like wearing my yellow dress. The only bad part is my knees are getting floor burn from all of my crawling around. I am the Speed Racer of crawling babies. You really have to keep an eye on me because I can be anywhere in about two shakes of a lambs tail (however long that is).

I have recently decided that I need to learn to sit down. In the past, I would take Mom or Dad's hand and then let them help me sit down. Now, I just lean back and plop! I have a lot of cushioning with my Pampers butt. The first couple of times it kind of startled me. I am getting better at sitting down a little easier.

Grandma will be sooo proud of me that I am learning to play the piano! I like to play my piano during dinner. There arent't a lot of keys so my song list is a little limited.

So far I can play Tiny Dancer by Elton John, Piano Man by Billy Joel, and These Are Days by Natalie Merchant. I am working on some other stuff too. Strangely, Mom and Dad don't always share my musical enthusiasm. I think it might be because my piano only has four keys and each one strikes the loudest xylophone key that you can imagine. Dad says it's a phase and I will grow out of my music. I can see Mom saying the Hail Mary under her breath. Dad has already said "no" nose piercing or tattoos. How am I supposed to fit into the music scene? Do they want to ruin my life? (Mom and Dad wrote this part: "Yes, yes, we do want to ruin your life by making sure you eat your vegetables, dress like a lady, and go to school")

I am making it a lot harder on Mom and Dad to take picutres because I am so quick these days. This is a close up of me. Look how tall I am these days! You can barely see my feet. Mom says that if Dad doesn't get away from the computer and starting running again you won't bee able to see his feet either!

As you can tell, my eyes are continuing to slowly turn color from blue to brown. I am getting a lot of hair now too! It is mostly in the back, but I am working on my bangs.

I am going to Riley Hospital for Children again this week. Doctor Miyamoto is going to check on my ear tubes. He is nice. His office is brand new and everything has that new furniture smell.

I am also going to have a test done on my tummy to make sure whatever I put in is moving out. Dad says that all anyone has to do is change a couple of diapers and they would know that everything is moving through just fine. Mom said that this isn't very scientific.

Well, I think this is it for now. But, before I go I have one more thing to do. In the movies they always mention the title of the movie somewhere during the show. So, before I go........

This is My Foot.

No comments: