Maybe when I wake up, I'll be the baby of the family again. "There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like........" Pixie dust! Pixie dust! Macy, my eyes are closed but I can still see your drool covered fingers coming at me. Watch it sister!
Hi everybody! Another week gone by. I have an appointment at Riley Children's Hospital this coming Monday with Doctor Havlik. I hope he gives me a good evaluation. This might be the last one for a little while. We'll see. It's not that spending six hours together in the car pointing out trucks and flags and singing a song about a farmer with a dog named Bingo isn't more fun than a barrel of monkeys - but I can tell Mom and Dad are a little less than enthusiastic to go on another road trip. Dad always chants some silly saying about "road sodas, road sodas." Mom told me that's why we stop soooo much and not because Dad needs to stretch his legs like he says.
Here I am playing in Grandma's kitchen and going shopping.
Anyone feel like a plastic tomato
Speaking of eating.....I thought I would give everyone an update
on my progress towards eating. So far I am willing to lick crackers to the point of mush and then spread them on my head. Although icing my knoggin' with Ritz crackers is entertaining it falls a little short of eating. Mom and Dad are working hard, but I just don't feel like eating anything just yet. Having never eaten anything before it is hard to start cold turkey--which, if Mom and Dad thought I would eat that, it would be on the end of a spoon too. See the thing is, I have a couple of things working against me. First, I have no idea what it's like to be hungry. Since I have been tube fed for my entire life I have never been hungry. Second, I have never really even taken a bottle or put anything in my mouth that I didn't promptly gag on. Third, prior to my surgery I threw up a lot. By " a lot" I mean like multiple times a day, every day. So, I am a little wary of putting anything in my mouth.
But with that said, I have a couple things going for me now. Now I have lots of teeth; just check out the bite marks on my toys for proof. I also am totally recovered from my surgery. And finally, I am very stubborn. I generally adopt the "head down, knees up" approach to almost everything. I think I get this from Dad's approach to home repair.
on my progress towards eating. So far I am willing to lick crackers to the point of mush and then spread them on my head. Although icing my knoggin' with Ritz crackers is entertaining it falls a little short of eating. Mom and Dad are working hard, but I just don't feel like eating anything just yet. Having never eaten anything before it is hard to start cold turkey--which, if Mom and Dad thought I would eat that, it would be on the end of a spoon too. See the thing is, I have a couple of things working against me. First, I have no idea what it's like to be hungry. Since I have been tube fed for my entire life I have never been hungry. Second, I have never really even taken a bottle or put anything in my mouth that I didn't promptly gag on. Third, prior to my surgery I threw up a lot. By " a lot" I mean like multiple times a day, every day. So, I am a little wary of putting anything in my mouth.But with that said, I have a couple things going for me now. Now I have lots of teeth; just check out the bite marks on my toys for proof. I also am totally recovered from my surgery. And finally, I am very stubborn. I generally adopt the "head down, knees up" approach to almost everything. I think I get this from Dad's approach to home repair.
"Well, I really need a Phillips head screw driver, but I have a hammer...."
Ever wonder what it sounds like at my house?
Dad's IQ test where you had to put the different shaped pegs in the correspondingly shaped holes had to be off the charts.
Ever wonder what it sounds like at my house?
Well, now you know! See you next week. La La La La, Macy's World!
No comments:
Post a Comment