Monday, January 01, 2007

Plumbing Supplies, Bjork, and the Holidays

I hope that everyone's new year started with as much fun as mine did! Looks like Uncle Ned had a lot of fun! Way to go Uncle Ned, good job on bringing the turkey for the party. Oops, Mom just told me that the large stuffed bird Uncle Ned is displaying is actually a flamingo. Sorry for the confusion. I'm still working on what animals look like. Did I mention that cows go "mooooooo"?

I don't think I have ever seen such a pretty bird. I wonder where they live. Mom said you can find them in Marty's yard on special ocasions and at garage sales. Anyway, I have lots of stories to tell and pictures to share. Don't be surprised if you see Christmas trees in next week's blog too! Where should I start? This year's New Year's celebration was a little more subdued at our house. Mom had to work so Dad and I spent the day together.

Dad and I played with almost every single one of my toys. I like to spread them out all over the house to see all of my options. Dad refers to this as the trail of tears when it's time to pick 10,000 PlaySchool people at the end of the day. I have lots of toys that I am supposed to play with to discover and learn about the world. I have a new toy named Lulu that sings the "ABC Song". You know, the one that goes, "A...B...C...D........E...F...G......"


I also have a toy named Lilly. She counts when you press her tummy.




So, what did I learn? Well for starters I think my Lulu is really Lilly. Their voices sound exactly the same! I also learned that Dad doesn't know the "ABC Song." He usually gets confused around "L....M....N...O...P". I can tell because he doesn't sing as loud as he did in the beginning.

After Mom came home, we celebrated New Year's together by Mom rocking me to sleep while Dad cleaned up the kitchen after dinner - not exactly Times Square with Carson Daly, but it was a good year.

Since this is a new year I thought I should share my New Year's resolutions.

1. Slam dunk a basketball

2. Ride a pony at the Pumpkin Show

3. Learn to hold Mom and Dad's hand in a store

4. Build a sand castle

5. Grow the same amount of hair in the front to match what I already have in the back

Mom, Dad, and I came to Ohio to visit family. It was a pretty long car ride. I was pretty good the whole way. Mom and Dad have the strangest conversations though. They are usually conversations within conversations and there's a lot of spelling involved. I think it's because of me. For example Mom and Dad were talking about buying new tires and it sounded like this, "Yeah, I think we made, Macy spit that out, the right choice on those Michellen's. I guess we'll just have to drop, that's right Macy - cows go mooooo, the car off overnight."

But, at the end of the drive I got to see all of my family. It was soooo much fun. I even managed to dodge the white elephant gifts this year. I'm not totally sure how it works, but I think Uncle Ned was the winner. By the looks of things I better bring my own faucet if I visit Kaiyu and Larry.

Here is a little movie about my family that Mom and Dad put together after the party. Make sure you turn on your speakers because there's music. Dad told me to say that cause I don't know what speakers are yet.


See everybody next week!

1 comment:

LC said...

Master piece. Great job. Such a fun party.