It is still pretty cold here in Indiana. Since I couldn't really play outside, I decided to meet up with my friends Taylor and Tyson.

Our moms had us all bundled up against the cold. We went to an indoor play area.

Taylor and I played together so hard my checks were red as roses. By the way, I'm wearing a picture of my dog Daisy on my shirt! I like her to go wherever I go.
Why the smile you ask? Well, the past week has brought some big news to our family.
Some of you may have received a phone call where I screamed "I did it! I wear big kid underpants!" Yes, that was me and not a prank call. I started to go to the potty on my own. Sometimes I tell Mom and Dad that I need to but most of the time I just walk right into the bathroom and take care of it all by myself!
I wear big kid underpants all day. I even wore them to school, Barnes & Noble, and church......and no accidents! I like to go to the potty, so much so that I go every five minutes. Mom said I was like riding with Dad across the Ohio Turnpike.
When I finally figured it all out Mom threw her arms up in the air like Bruce Jenner crossing the finish line of the Olympic Decathalon. Mom's comment....."I AM MOM!"
I also took a trip down to Riley Childrens Hospital. Because I wear big kid underpants now, I introduced myself to all of the nurses and doctors that I saw with a firm handshake and "My name is Macy. I'm three. I go pee-pee and poo-poo in the potty."
After we got the formal introductions out of the way, Doctor Havlik, my palate surgeon, gave me the once-over and pronounced that I looked great.
In other big non-potty related news, we will be moving soon. Dad is to be transferred from Chicago to Pittsburgh. Specifically, he will be working with the U.S. Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) at Carnegie Mellon University. We will most likely move towards the end of May if all goes as planned. I'm not sure what that means for me. I just hope they have potties there.
That's it for now. I'd type more, but......I've got to go potty.
2 comments:
Hi Macy!
We are so proud of you, Big Potty Girl! That is terrific!
Congratulations to Dad on his new position!
We hope you all have a smooth move!
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa R.
Hi Macy!
I knew you could do it!!! Way to go big girl!!! I'm sure mom and dad are so thrilled that you are going potty - and all by yourself. Give yourself a "Hurray Macy!" from me.
It's pretty exciting to be moving to Pittsburg. I know it's alot of work for mom and dad but I'm sure you will be a BIG HELP. You will be closer to me so maybe I can see you more.
Love, Kathy
Post a Comment