Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Streak is Over!

Hi there! This past week has been a busy one for me. Now that I am a 1 year old there is soooo much for me to do. I am very busy walking. In fact, there have been some days that I have only crawled once or twice at most. I also went to have my 1 year pictures taken. Mom was trying to decide what dress I should wear.

I feel like a princess in this dress. I especially like the pink bow on the back. I am playing with my Cookie Monster doll. I really like it when Mom does her Cookie Monster imitation. Do it Mom, do your Cookie Monster! Awwwww, come on Mom. It's realllllllllllly funny. That's okay, maybe you can do it later when everyone isn't watching.

We went to the Picture People at the mall to get my picture taken. The first picture started out okay, but we went downhill fast. Now that I can walk, I don't like being posed, pushed, prodded, or confined. I had no idea that these things were all part of taking pictures. After being tickled with a fluffy feather duster and had a dozen toys jingled in my face I got through the pictures.

Afterward, I went on my first carousel ride with Grandpa! We had lots of fine and I didn't even cry a single tear.

My week got really exciting when Mom had to work on Sunday and Dad and I went to church together. For those of you who didn't know, I had an unofficial streak going. Since my baptism, I had not needed a diaper change during church. Well, as you can tell by the title, that streak ended this past Sunday. And, if you are gonna end a streak you gotta go out in a big way. This is what Dad was up against.


It was one of those situations that parents wish diapers were full body suits.

Dad tried to put me on the changing counter that was so high off the ground Karem Abdul-Jabar would of had a hard time reaching it. To make matters worse, the counter was a Formica counter top. I was like an Olympic luge rider sliding across that thing. So Dad did what dad's sometimes do. He tried to improvise and put me on the floor. Unlike duct tape or caulking which are always good ideas, putting me on the floor was a really bad idea. As soon as my arms and legs got traction on terra firma this is what Dad heard next.

this is an audio post - click to play Click the "Back Arrow" after the sound byte

And I was off, bare butt and all. I was trying to make a break for the cry room door and I was at least four baby lengths ahead of dear old Dad. It looked like I was going to make and here's the call.....

this is an audio post - click to play Click the "Back Arrow" after the sound byte

But Dad got a toe on the door and prevented my escape. After a lot of sweat and some tears on his part, hence the name "cry room" Dad had me back in a new diaper and my outfit in time to drop the envelope in the collection basket. John and Chris - you may be chuckling right now, but Dad said he checked his crystal ball and this will soon be you too.

This weekend was a big weekend for me. Mom, Dad, and I took the show on the road and went to Ohio to attend Jen and Jeremiah's wedding. Here I am helping Mom pack my suitcase. I wasn't sure what to wear since I've never been to a wedding before. So, I tried to pack a little bit of everything.

The wedding was lots and lots of fun. I met some of Mom's friends from college. I found out that Mom's friend Carrie was recently engaged to Jonathan. Yea!
Here is a picture of Carrie and Jonathan that Mom took.

I also found out that Em and Chris are expecting their first little one.

Em made an incredibly thoughtful DVD of me for Mom and Dad. Thank you so much.

Guess who else is expecting? That's right Susan and John are looking forward to a new addition to their family also!

Pretty soon there will be babies everywhere!

And, I got to meet Stacey and Mark's son Daniel for the first time.

As you can tell Daniel and I see eye to eye on a lot of things.

Here is Mom and her friends at Jen's wedding.

They all lived together in college and have stayed in touch ever since.

Jen and Jeremiah's wedding was very beautiful. Everyone had lots of fun. I had to take a nap during the ceremony so I came to the reception afterward. Here is a picture of Jen tossing her bouquet. Whoever catches it will be the next one to get married. I wanted to go out on the floor too, but Dad said I couldn't until I was 50!


The hotel that we stayed in was really neat. This is a picture of our room.


That's not really our room. There was a lounge chair from the pool inside though. Dad said the reception was "open bar" and that might have had something to do with it. I don't know what he means but I want to stay in a tepee too. Dad said not until I'm 50. I guess you really get to do alot at 50.

The hotel had lots of other neat stuff. Mom and I are looking at a big fish tank.


The lady who takes care of the fish said there are 260 gallons of water in the tank.

Well, that was my weekend. I had lots and lots of fun. I met some of Mom and Dad's friends went to Ohio, and danced the night away at Jen and Jeremiah's wedding reception. By the end of the weekend I was pretty tired. In fact, I didn't sleep very well at the hotel. I always had the feeling that someone or something was following me.

What was that? Did you hear something? I must be imagining things.

No comments: