Hi everybody! This week I have been focusing on developing my artistic side. This is my
rendition of Van Gogh's Starry Night. I colored furiously to portray the roiling Indiana night sky contrasted against the bright lights of Target and Best Buy. I have never been to Saint-Remy where Van Gogh painted his Starry Night. I have been to Saint Paul's and Saint Joseph's, but I'm not allowed to bring my crayons there.
I have also been working on writing my own music. I saw a nice lady who was a percussionist playing a xylophone on PBS. So, I found my red plastic xylophone and started to play along with her. I don't have nearly as many keys as she did but mine are blue, and purple, and green. Her keys were all the same boring silver color. The other neat thing about my xylophone is I figured out that if you turn it over there are all of these plastic ridges. I like to slide the key striker across them to make it sound like I am playing a washboard. I am trying to convince Mom and Dad to buy me a marimba for my darker moods. It's a cousin of the xylophone but has heavier tones and less sustain...but I digress.
I have also been working on my dancing. One afternoon in particular, I was really cutting the rug as they say. That a
fternoon some of my formula was delivered so Mom just stacked the boxes by the door. There were three boxes and each one was pretty heavy. Mom figured that she would have Dad carry them downstairs, strong back weak mind you know. What Mom saw as boxes I saw as a stage. Before you know it I had climbed up on top of all three boxes and was doing my best River Dance. What can I say, it's the Irish in me.
Mom's "mommy senses" told her things were too quiet. So she looked around the corner of the couch and caught me right before the big finish! I couldn't tell whether she looked like she was going to panic or fall down laughing. Mom settled for the middle ground, reduced the height of my stage by two boxes and started taking pictures. Michael Flatley eat my dust.
Dad said maybe we should play the Bee Gees' "You Should be Dancing" for me. Let's see, Dad thinks computers are fun, his favorite radio station is NPR, and he knows the titles and lyrics of multiple Bee Gees songs. When it comes to being cool, please let me have Mom's genes otherwise I'm sunk. "You should be dancing yeaaaaaah. You should be dancing yeaaaah." Please stop singing Dad.
I want to thank everyone again for all the great cards, gifts
and prayers to cheer me up after my surgery. I love all the books and stuffed animals you sent. Mom and Dad told me to also say thanks to Mom's "Seventh Heaven" friends from collage, who sent lots of dinner gift certificates. Mom and Dad said they appreciate all of them tremendously. My friend Daniel, Stacey Rae and Mark's son, even sent be a ball popper to make me feel better, which I LOOOVE! I think everyone should have one of these. See how much fun they are! Notice how my cute socks match Mom's--thanks Aunt Janet!
rendition of Van Gogh's Starry Night. I colored furiously to portray the roiling Indiana night sky contrasted against the bright lights of Target and Best Buy. I have never been to Saint-Remy where Van Gogh painted his Starry Night. I have been to Saint Paul's and Saint Joseph's, but I'm not allowed to bring my crayons there.I have also been working on writing my own music. I saw a nice lady who was a percussionist playing a xylophone on PBS. So, I found my red plastic xylophone and started to play along with her. I don't have nearly as many keys as she did but mine are blue, and purple, and green. Her keys were all the same boring silver color. The other neat thing about my xylophone is I figured out that if you turn it over there are all of these plastic ridges. I like to slide the key striker across them to make it sound like I am playing a washboard. I am trying to convince Mom and Dad to buy me a marimba for my darker moods. It's a cousin of the xylophone but has heavier tones and less sustain...but I digress.
I have also been working on my dancing. One afternoon in particular, I was really cutting the rug as they say. That a
fternoon some of my formula was delivered so Mom just stacked the boxes by the door. There were three boxes and each one was pretty heavy. Mom figured that she would have Dad carry them downstairs, strong back weak mind you know. What Mom saw as boxes I saw as a stage. Before you know it I had climbed up on top of all three boxes and was doing my best River Dance. What can I say, it's the Irish in me.Mom's "mommy senses" told her things were too quiet. So she looked around the corner of the couch and caught me right before the big finish! I couldn't tell whether she looked like she was going to panic or fall down laughing. Mom settled for the middle ground, reduced the height of my stage by two boxes and started taking pictures. Michael Flatley eat my dust.
Dad said maybe we should play the Bee Gees' "You Should be Dancing" for me. Let's see, Dad thinks computers are fun, his favorite radio station is NPR, and he knows the titles and lyrics of multiple Bee Gees songs. When it comes to being cool, please let me have Mom's genes otherwise I'm sunk. "You should be dancing yeaaaaaah. You should be dancing yeaaaah." Please stop singing Dad.
I want to thank everyone again for all the great cards, gifts
and prayers to cheer me up after my surgery. I love all the books and stuffed animals you sent. Mom and Dad told me to also say thanks to Mom's "Seventh Heaven" friends from collage, who sent lots of dinner gift certificates. Mom and Dad said they appreciate all of them tremendously. My friend Daniel, Stacey Rae and Mark's son, even sent be a ball popper to make me feel better, which I LOOOVE! I think everyone should have one of these. See how much fun they are! Notice how my cute socks match Mom's--thanks Aunt Janet!I have another check-up at Riley Children's Hospital with Doctor Havlik, my plastic surgeon. I really hope wearing these arm restraints for so long was worth it. The last trip, Doctor Havlik told Mom and Dad that I might be paroled from these things since most kids don't want anything to do with their mouth after surgery. I am constantly proving that I am not like most kids. As soon as Mom and Dad took them off I tried to put whatever I could find in my mouth. My arms are gonna be like noodles when this is all said and done. So much for my softball and bowling league this year.
Mom and Dad heard some really good news this week. Kaiyu and Mom's cousin Larry will soon be parents of a sweet little girl!
Everybody, I would like to introduce my newest relative...
Maezhen Liang
Maezhen, I'll save a spot for you at the kids table. We've got a lot of catching up to do, and we are going to have so much fun together! I can't wait!
1 comment:
In Maezhen's absence, I will say that the kiddie table is a familar place for Maezhen's father.
As Maezhen's Mom observed, there are lots of little M's in the family of late.
Hi to Macy, Maezhen will hopefully be here soon.
Larry Clark
Post a Comment