Sunday, February 08, 2009

Wow, Look at That Snow!

Well. Winter wasn't quite finished in Indiana - at least for the month of February. This is what our driveway looked like after Dad spent an hour or so shoveling. It was around 10:00 PM. Dad figured there would only be a little more snow to shovel the next morning.




Ohhhhhh no. Dad spent another hour shoveling almost as much snow as he did the night before.




To give you an idea of just how much snow we got take a look at these pictures. Look at the height of the snow along the fence. That is pretty tall.




Mom took this picture of the snow curling over the deck railing. The wind made the over-hang even bigger later in the day.



Since school was canceled, it was time to hit the slopes




Here I am ready to go down a big hill (in my driveway).




The snow was piled up taller than I am and I'm 3!




Mom took me across the street so I could play in the snow. it was sooo tall that I finally gave up trying to walk through it and just sat down. Ever safety conscious , Dad would like to point out the reflective striping on my coat.....




....and the bottle of hand sanitizer I am modeling in this picture.



Here I am making pumpkin pancakes with Dad. We had lots of fun and didn't make too big of a mess.




In other news, I learned how to play Go Fish. It is my favorite game. So much so that I have substituted one part of my new favorite game for my response to Mom and Dad when I want to say "No".



For example........
Mom: "Macy, do you need to go potty?"
Me: "Go fish"
Mom: "Macy, please stop chasing Daisy."
Me: "Go fish"



You get the idea.



Finally, who would have ever thought Hungry Hippos could be educational. Mom and Dad practiced counting in Spanish when we would figure out which Hippo ate the most marbles (Hippo food to be exact). Well it paid off. Mom took me to Barnes & Noble for story hour. Part of the story involved counting. While all of the other kids counted to ten in English I screamed the Spanish numbers. Check out the big brain on me!




See you guys next week! Or should I say......Ver ustedes la próxima semana!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Good Morning Macy, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!! I'm sure it will be a special day for you, mom, and dad. Have fun.
Thank you for the card you made and sent to us. How thoughtful of you. Please thank mom and dad for their card also.
I thought we had a lot of snow until I saw your pictures - wow - what fun (at least for you). I hope there was enough snow left for you to show grandma and grandpa this past week. We are having a bit of snow this morning but nothing big.
Have a great week of fun.
Love, Kathy