Sunday, August 09, 2009

My Friend Melvin

Hi there everybody! Do I have some stories to share with you! My cousin Megan and I went to the Pittsburgh zoo!



The zoo was unbelievable!



Although I did kind of get the feeling that people were a little impatient waiting in line. Hey buddy stop pushing or I am going to tell my mom and she is ........ Mom, Mom! Why are you running away?


Anyway, we saw lots of animals there. I saw kangaroos just like Dad saw in Australia.



There was a big polar bear too.



I bet he was tired because he was yawning.



We were tired too. So Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Ned, Megan, Mom, and I had some ice cream together.



Then we saw some seals. My stuffed elephant's name is Angeline.



The seals were very friendly.



You could put your hand up and they would rub their face against the same spot - just on their side of the glass.



It was hard to say goodbye to them.



But we had to so we could visit the sharks ... fish ... and deer



Of course the sharks and deer were seperate exhibits.



This is Melvin. He is my friend.



Melvin was a very nice deer.



After we climbed around like a bunch of monkeys ... IN A ZOO ...



it was time to head out for our next adventure!



If the zoo wasn't exciting enough, we went to Idlewild! It is an amusement park in Pennsylvania just for kids.



Traffic was so bad though, we might as well ridden the train there.



There were lots and lots of neat rides to ride.



Megan and I had fun driving the car and boat together.



At the end of the week, Grandma and Grandpa gave me my birthday present a little early. It is a tire swing!



Megan and my neighbors Owen and Oliver had a lot of fun swinging together.



Owen and Oliver came over to jump in our jumper too!



Pretty soon everyone was bouncing head over heels.



On a separate topic, I ate a couple of spoonfuls of Rice Crispies with Miss Cindy's magic spoon.



Mom and Dad say I'm big stuff! See you guys next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Macy: I am glad that you are still using your magic spoon...I also noticed that you were eating some ice cream at the zoo! I am proud of you...keep trying new things so I can hear all about it. Looks like you are having lots of fun in Pittsburgh...but I miss you in Valpo! Talk to you soon. Miss Cindy P.S. Abby says hi.

Kathy said...

Hi Macy, I like your new friend, Melvin. I bet he liked being your friend. You are very lucky to have such wonderful zoos and amusement parks to see. I bet it was a lot of fun going with Megan.
I hope you had a fun birthday! I really like your tire swing. I've never seen a blue one. What a wonderful present.
School will be starting soon. I hope you have really nice teachers and kids to play with.
Love, Kathy